Hello NAWBO Silicon Valley Members and Friends,
I don’t know about you, but 2017 went by like a rocket ship. The last month I remember was March 2017. In fact, this is the second year in a row that time flew by. I know why. I decided a few years back to concentrate my energies on business growth, researching the best clients and how to find them, and creating new services. The good news, it is working – really working.
I attribute a lot of my success to NAWBO Silicon Valley, NAWBO California and NAWBO National for the work they do to provide support, member value, business events and more. They continue to evolve and expand their offerings such as, online access to business education, informative keynote speakers and streamlining Chapter Operations Nationwide, just to name a few.
NAWBO gave me the opportunity to be a Board member, which taught me how to run an organization, and those skills transferred into my business. It was all about taking the information that was provided to me, with the help of my peer support and business education that got me going. I felt braver in taking a little more risk and not analyze everything seven ways to Sunday to make decisions. With that attitude I was making inroads in my business, attracting more clients and hiring more people. Voila! This takes me back to my first paragraph of this letter and how I got to where I am today.
NAWBO was created to help women business owners in various stages of business. I recommend you get to know your organization from top to bottom and take advantage of what they offer and use all the information on their websites. To give you an idea of the benefits for our members, see the shortlists of your local and national benefits:
NAWBO Silicon Valley Benefits (short list):
- Networking Events: a chance to engage in deeper conversation, learn from others expertise and insight, build partnerships, and possible business opportunities.
- Business Education: through our monthly meeting keynote speakers and networking
- Online Membership Directory enables members to update and manage their own profile.
NAWBO California Benefits (short list):
- Public policy voice in State Legislature an opportunity to testify in front of legislators
- “Best Practices” training for chapter leaders
- Annual conference provides opportunities to get to know NAWBO members throughout the state and information for business owners
NAWBO National Benefits (short list):
- Website: members have access to a multitude of tools and resources critical for navigating the everyday challenges of business ownership.
- Leadership Development: NAWBO provides an opportunity for members to hone their leadership skills at the local and national level.
- National Conference: The Women’s Business Conference is the only event of its kind that provides women business owners with personal and professional business development opportunities to take their businesses to the next level of success.
To your success in 2018 and beyond.
Maxine Goulding, President
NAWBO Silicon Valley