Thank you for the great honor of being installed as your President of NAWBO Silicon Valley. I accept this role as a great responsibility to continue to create, communicate and implement the organization’s vision, mission and overall direction.
The NAWBO Silicon Valley Chapter was founded in 1988 as a 501(c)(6) organization which supports and empowers women business owners. As the world changes around us, we are continually assessing the needs of our members and adding events and programs that support the development of today’s women business leaders.
With that said, the 2017-2018 NAWBO Silicon Valley Board of Directors had their first Board Retreat and have come up with some exciting plans to help support our Mission. They will continue to invite stellar keynote speakers, create exciting programs and provide business education. I am looking forward to seeing these plans unfold, so get involved, attend meetings and build relationships. Invest in your business future and beyond!
Also, I would like to take a moment to recognize your new Board of Directors for 2017-2018:
- Monika Miles – Immediate Past President/Corporate Partner Director
- Flor Harris – President-Elect/Interim Secretary
- Jennifer Dizon – Treasurer Director
- Griselda Quezada Chavez – International Affairs Director
- Karen Hebert – VP Membership/Interim Communications Director
- Vandana Agrawal – Public Policy Director
- Toni Julian – Programs Director
Thank you for placing your confidence and trust in me and our Board of Directors to serve you.
NAWBO Silicon Valley – President