Dear NAWBO Silicon Valley Members & Friends,
NAWBO Silicon Valley is nearing the end of the 2021-2022 fiscal year this month and we are thrilled to report on our accomplishments.
As a result of our membership survey, our members indicated they are looking for both in-person and virtual networking events for collaboration, camaraderie, business development and opportunities. Working with the CDC guidelines, our robust programming included:
- The NAWBO Silicon Valley – Education Group, our 501 (c)(3) non-profit created a quarterly education series.
- The program is a quarterly webinar/seminar for all women business owners, members, and non-members. Why do we do this?
– to empower and educate diverse women to achieve self-sufficiency and independence
– to encourage, support, and educate women who own and operate businesses
- The NAWBO Silicon Valley Chapter, a 501(c)6) non-profit created monthly fun and interactive experiences both in-person and virtually.
- Project Pros was hired for administrative services and to provide support to the Board in their individual roles.
- We invested in technology to properly archive documents, simplify internal processes, and broadcast meetings virtually.
- Public Policy page was added to the website to keep an eye on key legislation impacting women business owners.
- We continue to build community partnerships through Affiliations with other organizations and companies to provide added benefits to our members.
- We continue to honor and celebrate women business owners through our signature event – Save the date for our 5thAnnual Crystal Chair Award Gala at the beautiful Triton Museum and Garden scheduled in September.
I’m honored and privileged to have led NAWBO Silicon Valley these past two years through a pandemic and into a robust economy. As I enter my third year as President, I remain committed to work with the new Board of Directors and navigate the chapter through the current economy shift.
I would like to acknowledge my amazing Board of Directors for their commitment and dedication; thank you from the bottom of my heart Maxine Goulding, Lauren Mader, Flor Harris, Wendy Roberts Robin Fisher, and Marina Gatto.
“One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done.” ― Marie Curie, physicist and chemist, and two-time (1903 and 1911) Nobel Prize winner
NAWBO Silicon Valley President